Saturday, March 6, 2010

AMAZING LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE!!!!!!!


Okay, so I love love lemony, caper-y, delicious chicken, but it always seems so scary to try to make, but fear not my friends..fear not. I have found the bomb recipe!! I wanted something quick, easy and very similar to a dish I had at a sicilian cafe here in chico. And this recipe totally hits the spot...I add a big huge squeeze of lemon over the top of everything...and we served this with angel hair pasta tossed with mozz. cheese and butter and some veggies...it does use a lot of butter...but really...butter isn't THAT bad for you...and the result is not at all heavy, in fact you feel like you're eating something super fresh, healthy and high class..which is pretty fantastic I must say...SO! here goes...Melt in your mouth lemon chicken.


Serves 6

20 min/ 10 min prep


FOR CHICKEN

about 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halved

1 1/2 cups of flour

1/3 cup of butter

2T olive oil

salt and pepper


FOR SAUCE

4T butter

4T parsley finely chopped

1 Lemon


1. Dry chicken and either pound it (or trim it really thin with poultry shears like I did) evenly flat. coat with flour

2. Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over med/high heat

3. Cook chicken breast approx. 3 min on each side or until browned and cooked through

4. Remove chicken from skillet and season with salt/pepper. (keep warm in oven while you make the sauce)

5. Add remaining butter to skillet to melt while scraping up browned bits from the bottom

6. Remove from heat once melted and add parsley and juice from the lemon. Cut up some lemon into thin slices to serve as a garnish

7. Pour the sauce while it is still hot, over chicken and serve!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I tried this 2 nights ago- scrumptious!! Thanks for sharing!!

Grammy Janet said...

Tried this last week, didn't do it just right . . . but it was still yummy. I think I'll be stealing this recipe!