Monday, March 22, 2010

Storms a comin'...


"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense." -pride and prejudice

I feel a big vent session coming on...(laugh).. I'm reading the classic Charlotte Bronte novel, Villette, and saw the pictured book, at our Barnes and noble bookstore...I mean seriously, the literary junk that kids read these days...its no wonder our country is where it is. Pride and prejudice...vampire style? Seriously?
sigh...okay. more later..but wow, the books in the "junior fiction" section made me almost laugh. What happened to imagination and depth? prose and pathos...concept and cadence? Honestly, I think you could read the first and last page of any of those books I saw, and get the whole point of the story in one fell swoop. They were that shallow.
blech.
more later. ha.

No comments: