Monday, November 8, 2010

The rest of Mendocino

our little americana cabin
 I wanted to get the rest of these pictures posted before I forgot or it got so far past the actual date that you guys all wondered why I was posting pics from 5 years ago...you know what I mean...
It was breathtaking. Mostly the cabin and the owners and the story..which I promise to blog about shortly.
here's the pictures.

look at those rosebud lips...(reagan's I mean hahaha)

John and the baby monster

I SEE THE BEACH MAILEY!!!

These girls are always holding hands...its so sweet....
look at this handsome gentleman! what a wonderful papa...
This is an incredibly symbolic picture for me...























Papa and his reggae









the only picture of me. taken in the bathroom at a cafe. now lets move on














the outdoor fire pit

It was so quintessential and charming...

This very old and well tuned piano stole my heart.








This was in the town of Mendocino..I haven't a clue whats going on but this statue sits a top a church. Its very avant garde and dark...an angel with a pick ax holding the hair of  a praying maiden...?! kinda creepy...


A very old home...so many homes looked like this with hundred year old water towers all over the place

And who doesn't need a good windmill pic?

Did it charm you like it did me? I will try to explain the significance of the family we met...this is a place we hope to return to time and time again when we need a reprieve. In fact, the couple staying there asked if our entire family could come for christmas...what do you think grammy zhanette? wouldn't that be amazing? Christmas in the wooded oceanic town of Mendocino, with smoke curling out the top of sleepy cabins, and trees and deer all around...oh! be still my heart!

2 comments:

Kris Altringer said...

Looks amazing!! The one thing I miss the most..... the beach.

Keri Jo said...

I loved all the pictures! I love the ocean too and you captured the beauty of it all. I really like the pictures of the Bible on the bench and the windmill one. Your kids are darling. Cute nicknames you have for Raegan.