Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Deck the halls with sunshine...





This year we made the trek to Yuma AZ...and my my...it was a christmas of warm fond memories I will never forget.The girls haven't had much time with their Foley grandparents, because until we moved to chico they were far far away. So we drove 12 hours and had a week with them. I've never had Christmas with anyone but my family, and I must admit,I was a bit anxious anticipating the emotion that would come with this christmas. We got there on a tuesday, left on a monday afternoon, and it was sunny and just right. Mailey made her little self right at home and walked right in while Em took a little bit to warm up...but oh my, when she did...watching her with her grampy broke my heart it was so sweet. This picture of Grampy reading to the girls is one of my favorites by far, Emry is usually so cautious and not into letting other people hold her, but she loved her grammy and grampy, and wednesday the Yuma church did a christmas play that seriously was extremely annointed, so touching and beautiful...these were the dresses the girls wore...little angels. Anyway...maybe more later, just trying to get something up ( here's to you patti :) )
Thank you Janet for a christmas I'll never forget...for making me feel so loved and at home, for being so hospitable and spoiling us beyond what is ever ever needed...you are incredible.

2 comments:

Patti said...

what sweet pictures, that was so brave of you to make a 12 hour drive at this stage! I don't even like a one hour drive right now. The girls look so cute, you must be so excited to have another darling daughter and see what she looks like!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had fun - and I must say you're brave to make that long drive being close to your due date. But I bet it was worth it! Can't wait to see your new little girl!! Hope all is well!